Become A Member
At Grace Chapel, we value membership. We think of it as a partnership, just like how the apostle Paul described it in Romans 12:4-5: "Just as each of you has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others." (NIV)
Although it is possible to experience spiritual growth just by attending Grace Chapel, we believe it is a richer and fuller experience when one is fully committed as a member. It's better for you - and it's better for Grace Chapel!
Here are four good reasons for you to become a member.
- A biblical reason: God expects a high commitment from his followers.
- A cultural reason: We were created to live in community.
- A spiritual reason: It enables you to maximize your spiritual growth and participation.
- A practical reason: With a congregational form of governance, members get to vote on major initiatives. Grace Chapel depends on members who are active, thoughtful, and engaged to help shape the future of their local church.
How to become a member of Grace Chapel
You can become a Grace Chapel member by investing 3 hours in the membership process. There are three required steps to complete your membership process.
- Attend a membership class (90 minutes). This is an in-person experience. Dates for upcoming classes are as follows. Click here to sign up. (You are welcome to fill out the application before attending the class, if you wish. See step #3.)
-Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 9:15am-10:45am, Lexington - Adult Learning Center, 2 Militia Drive, Room: 201
-Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 10:30am-12:00pm, Lexington - Adult Learning Center, 2 Militia Drive, Room: 201
- Complete a membership application (20-30 minutes, one application per person). Click here to access the application.
- Participate in a membership conversation with several leaders of Grace Chapel (20-30 minutes).
You can sign up for a conversation time at the membership class or email to see what time slots are available. We can provide translators for conversations if needed and requested ahead of time.
Thank you for your interest in membership at Grace Chapel. If you have any questions, please email or call 781-862-8351 x160.