Mature Adults Programs Winter/Spring 2022
MAPS is Mature Adult Programming for senior adults.
We believe God is calling us to share His love for Senior Adults in the Lexington area and in the surrounding communities as well, as to those within Grace Chapel. MAPS, our Mature Adult Programs, provides an enriching environment to senior adults by fostering spiritual growth, fellowship, and recreational development.
We have an amazing group coming this Winter and the full array of wonderful classes. And it all begins on Wednesday January 19!
Here are a couple of new wrinkles!
- Speakers: We have a wonderful group of speakers during the first hour and we have rearranged the schedule so that everyone will be able to come hear them.
- Format: We are shifting the format to have a refreshment time in the middle of our time so that everyone will be able to come and enjoy time together.
- Luncheons: We are going to be having 2 special luncheons. One on March 9 and a concluding End of the Year Party on May 11.
- Community Engagement: As you may know, Pastor Richard's role at Grace Chapel is working to help our congregation serve the needs of those outside the walls of Grace Chapel. He would like us to dedicate the last Wednesday of each month to doing Community Engagement such as writing cards to those who are shuttered at home or volunteering with one of our Regional/Community Engagement Partners.
MAPS meets on Wednesday mornings from 9:00-12:00 in the 2 Militia Drive building, in Lexington, MA. Room 205.
MAPS resumes February 2, 2022 and continues through May 11
- 9:15 Coffee
- 9:30 Speakers
- 10:30 Refreshments
- 11:00 Classes
Painting: Bring your own equipment and learn to create a beautiful work of art. For beginners and experienced painters.
Scrapbooking: Have fun creating books of memories of families/friends and special places/occasions.
The History of Hymns: Learn the background of hymn writers and the hymns they wrote…and then sing these inspired songs.
Needlework: For anyone who likes knitting, crocheting, cross stitch, embroidery or needle point.
- February 2: Cynthia Fantasia
- February 9: Jeanette Yep
- February 16: TBD
- February 23: Community Engagement Project
- March 2: Richard Rhodes
- March 9: MAPs Luncheon
- March 16: TBD
- March 23: Rachel Keeler
- March 30: Community Engagement Project
- April 6: Adam Rowe
- April 13: Kurt Drescher
- April 20: Ruthie Seiders
- April 27: Community Engagement Project
- May 4: Sunny Toews
- May 11: MAPs End of the Year Party
Community Engagement Projects
The last Wednesday of the month will be dedicated to serving the needs of those outside our walls by writing cards to those who are shuttered at home, volunteering with one of our Regional/Community Engagement Partners or any other need that arises.
If you have questions about MAPS please email our
Lexington Campus Administrator, Patti Quigley
or connect with the group leader on www.grace.org/groups