Grace Chapel Nominees for 2023-24
Board of Elders
The Board of Elders shall be responsible for assuring the management of the activities of the church on behalf of the members. They will provide guidance to the Senior Pastor in the spiritual oversight and the administration of the total ministry of the church. They will approve the hiring and dismissal of pastors and staff, approve applications or removals from membership and assure scriptural administration of the ordinances of the church (i.e., communion, baptism). They will approve objectives, budgetary and financial plans, and policies and programs. They will assure the ministry conforms to the teaching of Scripture, the Bylaws, and the stated purposes of the church.
Audit team member
The Audit Committee will review financial statements of Grace Chapel and engage the Grace Chapel independent auditors on behalf of the Board of Elders. The results of the audit shall be provided to the Board of Elders for review and comment. The Audit Committee shall be responsible to provide periodic reports on its work to the Board of Elders. The Audit Committee, and independent audit firm, shall submit a written report to the congregation with the final audited financial statements within four months of the end of the fiscal year.
Nominating Team Member
The duties are to seek qualified Elders, and the above committee positions for the appropriate term. The Nominating Committee shall prepare a list of potential nominees to present to the Board of Elders for its review. It shall be the committee's duty to contact the appropriate number of candidates for the offices to be filled and then to have the names of all qualified nominees who are willing to serve brought before the congregation for a vote.
First Term Elders:
Second Term Elders:
- Andrea Dacayanan - Co- Chair - Lexington Campus
- Daniel Mitchell - Co-chair - Wilmington Campus
- Joan Christel - Watertown Campus – (year 2 of 2)
- Ginny Clapp - Wilmington Campus – (year 2 of 2)
- Barbara Herrmann - Foxboro Campus – (year 2 of 2)
- Geoffrey Lum - Lexington Campus – (year 1 of 2)
- Tofunmi A. Ochi – Chair - Lexington Campus – (year 2 of 3)
- Timothy Nelson – Foxboro Campus – (year 2 of 3)
- B.J. Poppe – Watertown Campus – (year 1 of 3)
- Robert Williams – Lexington Campus – (year 1 of 3)
- Alethea A. Yates – Lexington Campus (year 1 of 3)