SHINE! Reach, Teach, and Serve
Our mission is to love, serve, and be served by individuals with special needs and their families. We believe that the church is disabled without the active involvement of people with special needs. Therefore, our desire is to integrate people with disabilities into all aspects of Grace’s Christian Community. We also understand that some needs are best met one-on-one, and we are committed to meeting individual needs to the best of our ability.
We currently offer:
- Sign Language Services ASL-interpreted Sunday morning worship service every Sunday at 9:15 on our Lexington Campus. If you need an ASL interpreter at Grace, contact our Deaf Ministry or Vivian Marcano.
- SHINE! Kids Sunday School Our primary purpose in SHINE! Kids is to introduce and encourage your child in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. On Sunday mornings at 9:15 SHINE! Kids participate in a “full integration” format. Each child has one or two dedicated “buddies” that will rotate throughout the Sunday school year. Your child and buddy will then be at their “age-level” appropriate Sunday school class with other children involved in the Grace Chapel Children's Ministry Kidstown Curriculum. Exceptions will be handled on a case by case basis so that the best possible support is provided for each child and family. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information.
- A Life Community called STARS for young adults whose lives have been impacted by either cognitive or learning disabilities. This group is led by Will and Heather Oliver and meets 6:15pm in room 105, following the evening worship service. Please join us whether you are interested in attending or serving! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Pre- & Post-natal Support Comfort and support program for families addressing a worrisome pre- or post-natal diagnosis with a new baby. This program is led by Julie and Chris Messina.
- Volunteer Opportunities We believe that people of every age and every ability, from birth through senior years, matter to God and should be given the same opportunities. At SHINE! we are working to love as Jesus has commanded us in 1 John through providing opportunities to serve within our ministry. Whether you are looking for a one-time serving opportunity or an ongoing commitment, we have a fit for you! Please take a look at our list of programs and opportunities. If you've never done this kind of work, don't worry! We offer training and support for our volunteers. Contact Molly Vazquez or Sarah Patane for more information.
- Biblical Worldview and Disability Ministry Training Part 2 Have you ever suffered physically, emotionally or spiritually and wondered why? Do you have family members or friends with disabilities and struggle to know what to say or how to act around them? Join others interested in this life-changing work at Part 2 of the Beyond Suffering Course, beginning October 1. Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30pm in Room 201 of the Adult Learning Center (Lexington campus). To register, contact Molly Vazquez.
Please consider joining us! For more information, or to arrange a visit for yourself, family member, or a friend, please contact us through our new web site, www.shineatgrace.com. We welcome visitors, new volunteers, and new participants.
Grace Chapel has wheelchair-accessible buildings at all campuses.