SHINE's mission is to love, serve, and be served by individuals with special needs and their families, and to help churches become barrier free and multi-abled communities of faith where people of every ability are welcomed into the body of Christ.
We currently offer:
Our mission is to love and serve individuals with special needs and their families. We believe that when God said in Luke 14 to "Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full." He was referring to ALL people.
Therefore, our desire is to include people with disabilities into all aspects of our church's community. We also understand that some needs are best met one-on-one, and we are committed to meeting individual needs to the best of our ability.
- Sign Language Services ASL-interpreted Sunday morning worship service every Sunday at 9:15 on our Lexington Campus. If you need an ASL interpreter at Grace, contact our Deaf Ministry or Vivian Marcano.
- SHINE! Kids Sunday School Our primary purpose in SHINE! Kids is to introduce and encourage your child in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. On Sunday mornings SHINE! Kids participate in a “full integration” format, check out our Kidstown page for current availability. Each child has one or two dedicated “buddies” that will rotate throughout the Sunday school year. Your child and buddy will then be at their “age-level” appropriate Sunday school class with other children involved in the Grace Chapel Children's Ministry Kidstown Curriculum. Exceptions will be handled on a case by case basis so that the best possible support is provided for each child and family. For more information about SHINE! at our campuses: SHINE! Special Needs at our Campuses
- A Life Community called STARS for adults whose lives have been impacted by either cognitive or learning disabilities, their families and friends. This group is led by Will and Heather Oliver and meets 6:15pm in room 105, following the evening worship service. Please join us whether you are interested in attending or serving!
Contact: Heather Oliver or Molly Vazquez
- Pre- & Post-natal Support Comfort and support program for families addressing a worrisome pre- or post-natal diagnosis with a new baby. This program is led by Julie and Chris Messina.
- Volunteer Opportunities We believe that people of every age and every ability, from birth through senior years, matter to God and should be given the same opportunities. At SHINE! we are working to love as Jesus has commanded us in 1 John through providing opportunities to serve within our ministry. Whether you are looking for a one-time serving opportunity or an ongoing commitment, we have a fit for you! Please take a look at our list of programs and opportunities. If you've never done this kind of work, don't worry! We offer training and support for our volunteers.
For more info contact: Peg Sylvanowicz, Amy Hoffman, Bethany Chase
- Biblical Worldview and Disability Ministry Training
For more information contact Molly Vazquez.
Please consider joining us! For more information, or to arrange a visit for yourself, family member, or a friend, please contact us through our new web site, www.shineatgrace.com. We welcome visitors, new volunteers, and new participants.
Grace Chapel has wheelchair-accessible buildings at all campuses.