Care Ministries and Programs
Psalm 55:22: "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you."
Scripture encourages us to bear one another's burdens, and Grace Chapel's Care Ministry programs provide opportunities to listen, pray, encourage, and support one another during these seasons of difficulty
Encouragement and Support Programs:
- Stephen Ministers: lay persons equipped to provide one-on-one Christian care to the individuals in our community who are experiencing crisis or difficult life situations.
- Celebrate Recovery: a program for those dealing with hurts, habits or hang-ups.
- Grief Share: a support group for those who have experienced the loss of a spouse or a close relationship through death.
- DivorceCare: a 13-week workshop to help those heal from the devastating relational consequences of divorce.
- The Food Bank is located in the Lower Lobby of 59 Worthen Road and is open every Wednesday between 6:00 to 7:30PM. Food donations may be dropped off at the Food Bank door at any time. Serve with the Food Bank
- Homebound Ministry: one-on-one visits to an elderly person who is either homebound or hospitalized. We provide Christian fellowship and encouragement while reading, listening, and engaging with someone who needs it.
- Nursing Home Ministry: outreach programs to nursing homes in Lexington and Wilmington
- (En)Courage: a support group for cancer patients, their caregivers, and those who are post-cancer
- First Place 4 Health: a program designed to create balance in the four core areas of your life: emotional, spiritual, mental, and physical.
- Job seekers are invited to attend a Job Search Workshop that we host periodically.
- Individual counseling with Gordon Conwell Seminary associates enrolled in the GCTS counseling program is available on request. and subject to availability.
- Referrals to the larger Christian Community and resources available beyond Grace Chapel.
- Most of our Pastors are available for one on one consultation. To make an appointment, please contact the individual pastor with whom you'd like to meet.
- Prayerline: to place a prayer request please call 781-862-8351 x 2240 or email
. This is a weekday email of current requests. To be placed on the email distribution list, please click here.
- Prayer Bulletin: Weekly publication available on Sundays at the Information Desk of from an Usher ("Green Sheet"). To place a request on either the daily prayerline or weekly prayersheet, please either call 781-862-8351 ext 2240 or email
Please indicate if this is Confidential (For Staff and Elders Only) or can be published on the weekly bulletin.
- Prayer Teams: Prayer Ministers are available in the Chapel at the Lexington Campus and at the front of the Wilmington Campus Sanctuary at the end of each morning worship service for prayer support; prayer Ministers are available at the Watertown Campus on the first Sunday of the month, at the East Lexington Campus on the second Sunday of the month. Intercessors for the worship service also meet each Sunday morning in the Chapel at the Lexington Campus; anointing prayer by an Elder or Pastor is available upon request at each of our campuses:
- Lexington: Pastor Jim Ennis or Pastor Judy Pierce.
- Wilmington: please contact Laurie Bean to schedule an appointment with one of the Wilmington pastors
- Watertown: Pastor Robert Frazier
- Prayer Ministry for Healing: Click here for a PDF document with information about the Grace Chapel Board of Overseeing Elders prayer ministry for healing.