Become a Life Community Leader
Group Leaders have the opportunity and privilege of guiding a group of people into a three-dimensional life: caring for one another, growing in their faith, and impacting their community. If you are or would like to become part of a Group Leadership Team, here's what you can do:
- Join a Group if you are not already in one. If you are new to small group life, we recommend starting with Roots.
- Pray about this role and how God wants to use you. For details, read the Group Leader Position Description.
- Discuss this step with your current Group Leader.
- Sign up and attend a Group New Leader Training workshop (you can attend any session, regardless of campus affiliation). Contact
- After being commissioned, fill your group through our Connect process.
Please know that we are not looking for perfect, flawless people - otherwise, we wouldn't have any Group Leaders. You may be surprised to find how God can work through you to shepherd a group. Here's what two of our leaders had to say about their experiences:
"If you had told me several years ago that I would some day be leading a group Bible study, I would have thought you were bonkers! I really love our... group."
"...Group leadership is one of my most satisfying spiritual experiences over several years."