Preparing for Marriage with Chris and Florence Lee and Team (Room 103, Begins January 19, 2020):
Based on Drs. Les & Leslie Parrott’s Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts, this class uses their book, workbooks, and DVD material, as well as guest speakers to help couples who are engaged or considering engagement ask key questions based on the following areas of a successful marriage:
• Establishing a marriage based on scriptural truths and promises
• Seeking a healthy expectation of marriage and a realistic concept of love
• Recognizing that marriage is hard work but worth it!
• Having a positive attitude and outlook toward life
• Understanding and accepting gender differences
• Developing the ability to communicate feelings and settle arguments
• Seeking scripture for a Biblical perspective about marriage
1/19: Have You Bridged the Gender Gap?
1/26: Have You Faced the Myths of Marriage?
2/2: Can You Say What You Mean and Understand What You Hear?
2/9: Have you Developed the Habits of Happiness?
2/16: Can You Fight a Good Fight?
2/23: What are the Love Styles of Your Relationship?
3/1: Have you Discussed Your Financial Reality and Goals?
3/8: Are You Soulmates?
Philippians 2:3-5 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.