Preparing for Marriage Class
Every Sunday, from 02/24/2019 to 04/07/2019, 10:45 AM - 12:15 PM
If you plan to be married by a GC pastor, please take this course. Based on Drs. Les & Leslie Parrott’s Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts, this class uses their book, workbooks, and DVD material as well as guest speakers to help couples who are engaged or considering engagement ask key questions based on the following areas of a successful marriage:
- Establishing a marriage based on scriptural truths and promises
- Seeking a healthy expectation of marriage and a realistic concept of love
- Recognizing that marriage is hard work but worth it!
- Having a positive attitude and outlook toward life
- Understanding and accepting gender differences
- Developing the ability to communicate feelings and settle arguments
- Seeking scripture for a biblical perspective about marriage
- Have You Bridged the Gender Gap?
- Have You Faced the Myths of Marriage?
- Have You Developed the Habits of Happiness?
- Can You Say What You Mean and Understand What You Hear?
- Can You Fight a Good Fight?
- What are the Love Styles of Your Relationship?
- Are You Soulmates?
This course is typically held once in the fall and once in the spring.